Vanier Food Bank
Partage Vanier is the Food Bank for the Vanier sector of the city of Ottawa. We assist Vanier residents who need extra help putting food on the table. We help approximately 825 clients on a monthly basis, 30% of whom are children. The mission of Partage Vanier is to collect and distribute food products and other necessities of life to the residents in need. We encourage good nutrition by offering a recipe and sampling service.
Our hours of service:
· Tuesday 1:00 to 4:00 pm
· Thursday 6:00 to 8:00 pm
· Friday 10:00am to 12:00pm
Clients must provide proof of address and id for everyone in the family.
We accept food and monetary donations. We are always looking for plastic bags and small plastic or glass containers.
Success stories in our community:
· Some people buy fruit and vegetables at the market and donate them to the food bank
· Some people ask for non perishable food items for their birthday and donate them to us
· Groups have a food drive at their sporting events or social activities
· Some people plant an extra row in their garden and donate the vegetables to the food bank
· A farmer donated 75 boxes of potatoes
· Some apartment buildings have a food drive on a regular basis
· A volunteer has a food drive in his workplace
· Another volunteer has a fundraising activity in his workplace
· A federal government office has a food drive every 2 months
· 2 dental hygienists come to the food bank during dental health month (April) and give out toothbrushes and dental advice
· A federal government office collects dental products to assist during dental health month
· A centre for seniors regularly collects and donates health products such as toilet paper, sanitary products, soap, etc.
· Employees from different companies come to the food bank to perform volunteer work such as cleaning, painting, repairs.
A few comments from clients who use the Food Bank:
· I appreciate the help and support. It really goes a long way. Much needed staff and volunteers are great. Thanks a whole bunch.
· Helps a whole lot. Without Food Cupboard, would not eat some days.
· It is important to let you all know just how much it means to us to receive this help during our difficult times. With the help that Partage Vanier offers we have nourishment and good health.
For more information contact:
613 744-2892 ext. 1073
Other Link :
Ottawa Food Bank : Web Site